Friday, October 28, 2011

Those Dreaded Coupons

I cannot count the number of times I started clipping coupons in an effort to save a few bucks.  With a household of six (two teenage boys) groceries can be brutal on the budget.  The generic coupon organizers made sorting and finding tedious and weeding through to find expired ones...forget it!  so....I came up with
my own idea...


 Sorting by expiration date.  Since I ONLY clip my regular items that I use on a monthly basis (with the occassional new item I can't turn down or another brand that I think might get the kid approval)..  I don't worry about "which tab" it's located in.  I will eventually get to it during the month it expires.  I work within the current month or glance ahead IF I have time.  At the end of that month.....what's left is obviously expired and gets trashed!  I can keep it rotating into the next year because those slots are emptied out from the previous year.  I bought a plain organizer in the notebook section at Walmart and used my {oh so beautiful} Anna Griffin paper and embellishments to decorate.  Print months onto coordinating cardstock for labels and...BEAUTIFUL!


Here's the finished project. Hope you love it and get inspired to create your own one of a kind organizer!

Thanks for stopping by!