Friday, October 28, 2011

Keeping It All Together

So, tonight I thought I'd share some simple home organizing and storage solution I've picked up from magazines, books and an occassional "that wasn't quite what I was going for, but...." project.

CHORE BOARD

Having two nine year olds ready for the bus by 7 a.m. was near impossible for a night owl like myself.  So after too many "naughty notes" from school for excessive tardies, it was time to kick it into another gear.  I knew the kids needed to start taking responsiblity and I needed a solution.  I tried a dry erase board but that was WAY TOO MESSY.  I thought magnets would serve the purpose better, still interactive (kids love) but
without the mess.  I used some leftover foam stickers from party invites (they just happened to coordinate with the bathroom decor..not that they must), magnetic strips hot glued to the bottom. Using the computer I simply typed the chores and each of thier names on white cardstock then mounted them on colored cardstock and again used hot glue to attach magnetic strips to the back.  This makes it easy for summer also,  when I don't need all the school related chores like "pack lunch" etc.  The kids earn thier allowance for each day they complete thier chore board and all I have to say in the mornings when I see them wandering aimlessly is...."What chores are left on your board".  Great news is...Not a single tardy this year! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great rest of the day!!