Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pencil Pails

Bump up your kids classroom gifts a notch. My solution...pencils!  It's something they need anyway, what kid doesn't like a cool holiday pencil, and a cool pail or mug for the teacher to reuse?


  You can find holiday pencils at your local craft store after the holiday for $.25-$1, ribbon for about the same and themed mugs or pails in the dollar bin at Target.  I started with Valentine's day and added Christmas, Halloween, St.Patty's day and Easter.  I use my digital craft cutter to make cute "to/from" tags and dress them up with glitter glue or embossing paint.  I let the kids do alot of the work and design also.  I keep a bin of all my supplies I find at a steal of a deal and make them up ahead of time when I'm watching TV, on my work break, or in the car when I travel.  Fill the pail with holiday themed candy (such as Hershey kisses or chocolate gold foil coins) to hold the pencils upright.  Fun, cute and if you shop after the holiday..super cheap!  I've had teachers from previous years tell me they miss their "pencil pails".

It doesn't get much cuter than this for the holidays.
Happy Creating, Everyone!